One of the biggest trends in business is using cloud computing: Remote servers are used to hold the business’ data. While there are many benefits to using cloud computing, especially hybrid cloud computing, new statistics show an increase in security breaches.
According to Forbes, many of these breaches are aimed at cloud containers, which are newer machines replacing overhead virtual machines (VMs). Containers are being chosen over VMs because they are easier and quicker to use.
Breaches of these containers have increased by over 40% since the beginning of 2019, and are expected to continue to rise based on the product’s popularity.
Another concern with cloud computing is proper implementation. If the system your company is using is not being used how it should be, it can be more vulnerable to threats.
According to TechRepublic, there are many different methods to make sure your company’s data is safe. Here are a few methods your company can use:
- Make sure only the necessary personnel have access to data on the cloud. This can include using hybrid cloud computing to limit access to certain data.
- Use two-factor authentication for access to the cloud.
- Use strong passwords (such as requiring a certain amount of letters, numbers and punctuation marks).
- Remove an employee’s credentials right after they leave the company.
- Provide training to employees so they can recognize threats, such as phishing and websites that may not be secure.\
At MDL Technology, we understand the concerns that arise with using newer technology like cloud computing. That’s why we offer services such as 24/7 help desk support and disaster recovery. Visit our website to see how we can protect your company’s data from security breaches.