Did you know that there are an estimated 200 billion connected devices in the world? As the number of devices continues to increase, so do the security risks associated with these devices.
According to a Forbes report from March 2020, total internet hits have surged by 50-70%. While issues of server bandwidth and feasibility for remote work-from-home models are prominent, there is an underlying issue created by this surge: our dependence on virtual operations increases, vulnerability to malware, phishing attempts and cybercrimes follows suit. With so much resting on your company’s data networks, MDL Technology’s cybersecurity services can help.
Implementing Cybersecurity Training
Providing your staff with cybersecurity training can not only help put protective measures in place but can also boost employees’ individual skill sets — now more than ever, instilling confidence in your employees that they can handle current and future crises is an investment worth making.
Arming yourself and your team with a base knowledge of cyber threats can help you stay prepared.
When discussing best practices of cybersecurity with your team, you can educate them on threats like spam, malware and phishing and what those look like — i.e. an error with seemingly no explanation or “valid” antivirus warnings.
Additionally, explaining the importance of creating strong passwords and practicing email and browsing habits in line with your company’s internet and social media policies can help develop the building blocks of a cognizant, confident team.
We Are Here To Help
Applying cybersecurity knowledge, training or certification to your business can help your team members form the first line of defense against the omnipresent technological threats of the 21st century.
At MDL Technology, we offer proactive services to ensure the correct action is taken in time. We help ensure that you don’t need to stress about your team’s private information becoming public.
As you work to recognize the warning signs of cyber threats with your team, you’ll further understand why delivering business data securely is critical. Our high-capacity transport solutions ensure constant connectivity and seamless business operations so you can send data with ease and confidence.
Why Do You Need A
Cyber Security Strategy
- Insurance companies are requiring that business implement tighter security measures in order to be covered under Cybersecurity insurance. If you are covered, and you haven’t implemented required security measures, your claim could be denied and / or your premiums will go up and then you will be required to put in much more expensive security measures
- Key Customers and business partners are requiring that certain security measures are in place in order to protect their information before they will consider establishing a business relationship
- Increased likelihood of fines and fees from governing bodies.
- The threat of not being able to recover your data could cause a business to shut its doors
- Bad publicity of the breach were to become public knowledge
Putting Together Our
Cyber Security Strategy
- Help customer to develop formally documented Cyber Security framework for the organization
- Scan for baseline security score for their network
- Scan for external vulnerabilities
- Identify threats and make recommendations to eliminate the threats
- Put solutions in place that allow us to be alerted when new threats are identified
- Continual process of threat elimination as they arise
- Maintain documentation and review on a quarterly or bi-annual basis depending on frequency as defined by their documented policy
- Review backup strategy, make recommendations as necessary, and test on a regular basis
- End user education